Wednesday 30 April 2008

Do Good-er

Whilst perusing what fellow knitters are up to on Craftster online community/forum I stumbled across an article about Oxfam recruiting knitters and crocheters for a charity blanket representing the dire situation for mothers in Africa and South East Asia. Not only is this for a good cause, but it makes for an easy, quick project. Right now my main project is a sweater, and making these squares is a welcome break when I get sick of looking at it. Here's the Oxfam article :

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/applications/blogs/campaigners/2008/03/wanted_knitting_activists_to_d_1.html

I don't have money to donate to charity, but I do have lots and lots of yarn. If you enjoy being able to go to the doctor whenever you need to you should contribute, because not everyone has that luxury. OK, political message over.

No comments: