Tuesday 29 April 2008

Kid Rock

(Originally posted Thursday 3 April)

So, for my first project that is neither a scarf or a dog sweater for practice, I wanted to make a cardigan for my best friend's new baby. But she's not the kind to gush over pink sweaters with little yellow ducks on them, and I'm not the kind to knit stuff like that. Since she met her husband when she auditioned for his rock band, their baby girl needed a suitably hardcore sweater.

I combined an easy baby sweater pattern, the Five Rectangle Sweater, with a few of my own ideas and came up with this, the Rockin' Baby Cardi:







I'm pretty happy with it. There are a few mistakes, but not too shabby for a first attempt at anything even remotely difficult. I hate when I see something sweet that I'd like to knit online and there's no pattern, so if anyone would like to see the pattern I used for the writing and the stars let me know and I'll email it to you. I'd put it up here, but it's on a grid and in a program that doesn't upload as a picture.

In keeping with the theme, my recommended sountrack for knitting this sweater is the likes of Billy Idol, Alice Cooper, Def Leppard, etc. It just gets you in the right mood. As I was finishing this up last night, Metalocalypse was on Adult Swim. I took that as a sign that this was one brutal little cardi for one hardcore little girl. ROCK!

No comments: